New Sainsbury’s car insurance customers taking out a policy before 9th April(1) could benefit from an unrivalled package of rewards and benefits that could help them make savings of up to £293(2) in one year. When compared to the industry’s average annual car insurance premium(3) this could be the equivalent of almost a third (30%) of the average cost of a motorist’s car insurance policy in the UK.
The supermarket bank is giving new customers with a Nectar card the opportunity to receive up to 15% discount(4) on their insurance premium, free breakdown assistance for one year(5)and double Nectar points on their Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel for two years(6). The combined offer is market leading for Sainsbury’s shoppers with a Nectar card.
Additionally, new customers taking out a policy before 8th February could benefit even further with a discount of up to 20% which gives a total package savings of up to £341(7);:equivalent to over a third (35%) of the average cost of a car insurance policy in the UK.
Ben Tyte, Head of Sainsbury’s car insurance said: “This is an incredible offer for the Sainsbury’s shopper, one they’ll find hard to beat. While many insurers are offering discounts or free services at this time of year, we’re giving our customers a complete package with an up to 15% discount (20% for the next seven days), free breakdown cover and the benefit of year round savings on their groceries and fuel.”
New Sainsbury’s car insurance customers continuing to do their weekly shop in Sainsbury’s could collect Nectar points worth as much as £104(8) over the course of a year for those spending £100 a week. Plus, the more Nectar points earned in-store, online and at Sainsbury’s petrol stations, the more they’ll benefit. The combined benefit of the whole package could be as much as £293(2).
Table showing the potential combined value of the benefits for a new Sainsbury’s car insurance customer benefiting from up to 15% discount(4) on their premiums (20%(7) provides even greater saving – available for next seven days)
Weekly shop Equivalent value of Nectar points over 12 months Value of double Nectar points on average annual fuel spend at Sainsbury’s(9) 15% discount based on average car insurance premium(3) Value of breakdown cover(10) Combined value of rewards and benefits package(2)
£50 per weekly shop £52 £12.05 £145.71 £31 £240.76
£100 per weekly shop £104 £12.05 £145.71 £31 £292.76
Ben added: “This is the time of year when car owners really should ensure they have breakdown cover. Should you break down, you don’t want to be stuck at the roadside on a cold, dark, wintry night having to make an emergency call out which could end up costing hundreds of pounds. We’re pleased to be able to offer this to our customers as part of our combined reward package.”
The breakdown cover includes a number of benefits, providing peace of mind that you and your family won’t be left stranded should your car break down, such as free labour for roadside repairs and free recovery service to a repairer within ten miles. In addition, should you be unable to reach friends and family from the roadside, the breakdown service will ensure that a message reaches them to advise that your car has broken down and that help is on the way.
For further information on Sainsbury’s car insurance, call 0800 092 9459, visit www.sainsburysfinance.co.uk or pick up a leaflet in store.
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Ian Morris / Tom Wilson, Citigate Dewe Rogerson: 020 7282 1037/1072
Notes to editors:
(1) Terms and conditions and exclusions apply, seewww.sainsburysfinance.co.uk
(2) Please see table within the body of this press release for detailed explanation on calculations and assumptions.
(3) According to the AA’s benchmark British Insurance Premium Index, published 19 January 2011, the average premium is now £971.40,
(4) Offer available online only. At least 10% of Nectar customers who are Sainsbury’s shoppers will achieve the maximum discount of 15%; offer ends 9th April 2012. Terms and conditions and exclusions apply, seewww.sainsburysfinance.co.uk
(5) Sainsbury’s Breakdown Service is provided by Green Flag and underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. This is an introductory offer that only applies to the vehicle covered under the policy purchased. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full information is available at www.sainsburysfinance.co.uk. An additional four levels of breakdown cover are available and can be purchased and added to the policy. Seewww.sainsburysfinance.co.uk for full information.
(6) Only available to Nectar card holders. Nectar card number must be quoted at the time of purchase to receive this offer. Other terms and conditions apply, seewww.sainsburysfinance.co.uk
Bonus Nectar points subject to a monthly maximum of 2,500 points per qualifying product type per month.
(7) Offer available online only. At least 10% of Nectar customers who are Sainsbury’s shoppers will achieve the maximum discount of 20%; offer ends 8th February 2012. Terms and conditions and exclusions apply, seewww.sainsburysfinance.co.uk
(8) £104 equivalent of Nectar points is earned by combining base points earned in-store/online and offer bonus points when you spend £100 per week for one year.
(9) Typical usage on a Ford Focus (10,000 miles), with an annual average fuel consumption of 1,205 litres. Nectar points are accrued under the double points offer at two points per litre
(10) Average value of standard breakdown cover for Sainsbury’s car insurance customers quoted in November 2011.
To view our latest press releases and product information, please visit the Sainsbury’s Finance online media centre atwww.sainsburysfinance.co.uk/media.
Sainsbury’s was the first major British supermarket to open a bank, commencing trading in February 1997. Benefiting from a fantastic, trusted brand that enables us to combine the shopping experience with personal finance, Sainsbury’s Finance provides a range of quality products including insurances, credit cards, savings and loans. Our proposition is to make shopping more rewarding by offering customers great products at fair prices, while consistently rewarding shoppers for their loyalty and being easy to do business with at all times. Our products consistently top Best Buy tables and regularly win awards for quality, price and service.
Sainsbury’s Finance recent awards include Best Overall Online Provider, Best Online Pet Insurance Provider, Best Online Personal Loan Provider and Best Direct Home Insurance Provider at the Your Money Awards 2011.
Sainsbury’s Finance is a joint venture between J.Sainsbury plc and Lloyds Banking Group.
For further information and general Sainsbury’s Finance enquiries customers can call the freephone number on 0500 40 50 60 or visit www.sainsburysfinance.co.uk
About RBS Insurance
RBS Insurance Group is the number one car and home insurer in the UK (based on policies in force 2010) and is wholly owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Headquartered in Bromley, Kent, it has operations in the UK, Germany and Italy.
It provides a wide range of general insurance products to consumers through a number of well known brands including; Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege. It also provides insurance services for third party brands, through its UKI Partnerships division. In the commercial sector, its NIG and Direct Line for Business operations provide insurance products for businesses via brokers or direct respectively.
In addition to insurance services, RBS Insurance continues to provide support and reassurance to millions of UK motorists through its Green Flag breakdown recovery service and Tracker stolen vehicle recovery and telematics business.
Notes to editors/webmasters
If using this article on a website, please link towww.sainsburysfinance.com using the following hyperlink text at the bottom of the article:
<ahref=”http://www.sainsburysfinance.co.uk/insuring/ins_carinsurance_car_skip.shtml“> Sainsbury’s Car Insurance</a>