As the evenings draw in and temperatures start to dip, Sainsbury’s Car Insurance is warning motorists to take particular care over the winter months and is offering a range of tips to help winter drivers stay safe on the roads.
Tom Thomson, Head of Sainsbury’s Car Insurance said: “The challenging conditions presented by driving in winter can mean the consequences of an accident or breakdown are greater than at other times of year, so we would encourage all motorists to take great care no matter how short their journey.
“Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged and let people know your route and your expected time of arrival. Having a good quality breakdown policy will also give you peace of mind that you can call for professional assistance if needed.”
Other tips include ensuring your car is fully serviced, adopting a driving style to suit the conditions and carrying an emergency kit in your car.
Here are Sainsbury’s Car Insurance’s tips to help winter drivers stay safe on the roads:
Before you set off
Sainsbury’s Bank Car Insurance is offering DOUBLE Nectar points, on Premier Cover for up to 2 years on Sainsbury’s shopping & fuel(1). To receive double Nectar points you must quote and purchase direct from Sainsbury’s Bank. Premier Cover must be renewed at first renewal for double points to continue. Offer is only available to new customers.
Our Premier Cover has been awarded a 5-Star Rating by Defaqto, the independent financial research company, giving you reassurance about the cover we provide.
For further information on Sainsbury’s Bank car insurance, underwritten by U K Insurance Limited, call 0800 096 2389, visit www.sainsburysbank.co.uk or pick up a leaflet in store.
This press release is information for journalists only and is not intended to be a promotion to be acted upon by consumers.
For further information, please contact:
Emma Murphy, Citigate Dewe Rogerson on 020 7282 1072
Jennifer Johnston-Watt, Sainsbury’s Bank on 0131 286 0779
Notes to Editors:
(1) Double Nectar Points
1) Offer only available to customers who take out a new Sainsbury’s Premier Cover Car Insurance policy. Quote must have originated on the Sainsbury’s Bank website or on the telephone. Quotes and subsequent accepts from price comparison sites will not be eligible for double Nectar points.
2) Customers must renew their Sainsbury’s Premier Cover Car Insurance policy at the same level of cover at first renewal to continue collecting double points.
3) If the policy is cancelled, double points will cease from the cancellation date.
4) Only the first car insurance policy registered against each Nectar account will qualify for double points.
5) Base points on qualifying spend in Sainsbury’s will be collected as normal. A bonus equal to the total of these points each calendar month (subject to a monthly maximum of 1,250) will be credited to the Nectar account by the 10th of the following month, for up to 24 months from the policy cover start date. Excludes all bonus point offers and points from Sainsbury’s Energy, Telecoms, Digital, Entertainment, eBooks, Bank and all other Sainsbury’s services.
6) The monthly bonus will only be calculated on, and credited to, the Nectar card nominated at the time of application. The nominated card must also be used at the time of each Sainsbury’s purchase and points will not be allocated retrospectively.
7) Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd. The Nectar loyalty programme is operated by Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd; and the collection and use of points is governed by the Nectar Collector Rules, set out in the registration pack and available at nectar.com
8) Sainsbury’s Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw the offer without prior notice.
About Sainsbury’s Bank:
To view our latest press releases and product information, please visit the media centre at www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/media
Sainsbury’s was the first major British supermarket to open a bank, commencing trading in February 1997. The Bank benefits from a fantastic, trusted brand that enables us to combine the shopping experience with personal finance. Sainsbury’s Bank provides a range of quality products including travel money, insurances, credit cards, savings and loans which we provide through multiple channels, including instore, by telephone and online.
Sainsbury’s Bank plc. Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury’s Bank plc is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
U K Insurance Limited
U K Insurance Limited is the underwriter of Sainsbury’s Bank car insurance and Sainsbury’s Bank home insurance. U K Insurance Limited underwrites a number of well-known direct brands and it also offers insurance services for third party brands through its Partnerships division. In the commercial sector, it provides insurance products for businesses via brokers, Partners or direct respectively.
In addition to insurance services, U K Insurance Limited continues to provide support and reassurance to millions of UK motorists through its Green Flag breakdown recovery service.
U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
U K Insurance Limited is registered in England and Wales. It has its registered office at: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ. Registered in England No 1179980.